Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Ephesians 2:19-22, Psalm 19:2-5, Luke 6:12-16

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Ephesians 2:19-22, Psalm 19:2-5, Luke 6:12-16

Ephesians 2:19-22

My Beloved, I belong to the family of God. I am a member of the Church where the fullness of Truth dwells. The One, Holy, Catholic Church has for its foundation the Apostles and prophets with You as the Cornerstone and in You all her members are held as one. This is the place where God dwells – we are a living temple and we are holy because Your Spirit makes His dwelling place in this Church made up of saints and sinners and helps us to become holy and perfect just as You my Beloved are holy and perfect. I am not a stranger nor am I a traveler who has to move on, I belong.  Your Father is our Father, You are our Brother and the Holy Spirit unites us in love to You and to my brothers and sisters.

My Beloved, all of creation, the earth, the sky and the oceans teeming with life and astounding in beauty are constant reminders of Your love for us. The whole world speaks of the glory, majesty and power of God who holds all things in perfect harmony. Every living creature from the greatest to the least bears the imprint of its Creator and each gives praise to God from the rising of the sun to its setting. Grant my Lord that my voice and my life joins in this beautiful song of praise because You give me life and You make it beautiful.  

Luke 6:12-16

My Beloved, just as You called the disciples and chose from among them the Twelve Apostles so too have I been chosen by God. I too have a mission. Just as all creation fulfills the purpose for which it was created so too must I, who have been called from darkness into Your marvelous light, preach the Good News in season and out of season in just living my life from moment to moment in every thought word and action. You have not withheld anything from me but poured upon me every grace, gift and blessing to help me fulfill Your purpose for my life. I have the witness of the Apostles, martyrs and Saints to encourage me. I belong to the family of God and there is a cloud of witnesses to prove to me that a life of holiness is possible for the Spirit dwelling in me and in the Church helps me to work out my salvation in fear and trembling for the hope of someday seeing You my Beloved face to face.  

No comments:

Post a Comment