Friday, July 31, 2015

Leviticus 23:1, 4-11, 15-16,27, 31-37, Psalm 81:3-6, 10-11, Matthew 13:54-58



DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Leviticus 23:1, 4-11, 15-16,27, 31-37, Psalm 81:3-6, 10-11,
Matthew 13:54-58

Leviticus 23:1, 4-11, 15-16,27, 31-37

My Beloved, if the Church celebrates feast and holy days it is because God desires it as we see in these verses. We need to set aside days in the year when we come together as God’s people and together praise, thank and worship God and celebrate Your love us and ours for God.

All that we have is given to us by You, we can claim nothing as our own and when we return to You in offering that which we have received through the work of our hands, like bread and wind, God received it from the hands of His anointed and consecrated priests and gives t back to us as Yourself in the most greatest and sublime Gift of all.  

Psalm 81:3-6, 10-11

My Beloved, we are called to make music before You in praise and thanksgiving as we come together in worship. We sing our best melodies, raising our hearts, minds and voices in a celebration of praise.  It is right that we acknowledge God who is the great I AM, the Alpha and the Omega, and worship Him alone and no other false god.

God our Father, created us and when we went astray, He sent You His Son to redeem us, You in turn sent us Your Holy Spirit to ensure that we will return safely home to God our Father as the Spirit gently prompts, leads and guides us home to Him.

Matthew 13:54-58

My Beloved, help me never to be hidebound and narrow in my thinking and never to make snap judgments or generalizations about people. May I never put people in a mold and expect them to act a certain way. May I never reject people simply because I think I know them, and from where they come, and so I reject anything good and positive they can offer simply because of prejudice and pride.

Jesus, my Beloved, meek and humble of heart, grant me the gift of humility. Help me never to be dismissive of people because I think I know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment