Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Acts 16:22-34, Psalm 138:1-3, 7-8, John 16:5-11

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Acts 16:22-34, Psalm 138:1-3, 7-8, John 16:5-11

Acts 16:22-34

My Beloved, Paul and Silas were flogged, received blows, their clothes were torn off and they were not only thrown into prison but their feet were chained. One would imagine that they would have been caught up in their physical pain and spiritual disappointment tat their preaching of the Gospel only brought them persecution and imprisonment yet we read that they were praying and singing hymns late into the night. Nothing and no one could steal their joy of being thought worthy to suffer for Your sake and for the sake of the Kingdom. 

So it must be for us - we ought not to become morose when things don't go as we had planned rather we are called to sing, pray and praise God and we will see God work miracles' rewarding us for our faith in Him despite our circumstances. A joyful Christian will attract many more souls to the Kingdom than a sour faced one. 

Psalm 138:1-3, 7-8

I thank you, Lord, with all my heart;
in the presence of the angels to you I sing.
I bow low toward your holy temple;
I praise your name for your mercy and faithfulness.
For you have exalted over all
your name and your promise.
On the day I cried out, you answered;
you strengthened my spirit.
Though I walk in the midst of dangers,
you guard my life when my enemies rage.
You stretch out your hand;
your right hand saves me.
The LORD is with me to the end.
LORD, your mercy endures forever.
Never forsake the work of your hands!

John 16:5-11

My Beloved, the Father sent You and when You returned to Your place in His bosom, You sent us Your Holy Spirit so we who are the children of the Father would not feel we had been orphaned after You left. We needed to be connected to You and through You to the Father. What better way than to send us the Spirit of both Father and Son since He is the love that binds us all and makes us one with You who in the Spirit is One with the Father. The Holy Spirit who alone knows God since He is the Spirit of God is able to reveal to us the truth about Him this is why You sent Him to us. 

We sin when we do not believe Your Word. We share in Your righteousness  when we follow You who are the way to the Father. We know that the Devil who is a thief, a liar and a murderer who sought to steal our inheritance has himself been struck down and is condemned. He no longer has a claim on those who share in Your victory over sin, the flesh and the world. Thank You and praise Your Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment